AddThis

Share |

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Feeling Impish and asking awkward Questions

Having happened upon a most distasteful article entitled ‘A New Zealand Woman’s Journey to Islam’ on the deranged ‘Colours of My Life’ blog (mostly green with splodges of blood red presumably), I felt moved to write the following in the vain hope that a Muslim might finally answer my Quiz for Muslims. This is the comment that I left:

I like to understand what Muslims think, which is why I have taken great care to learn about Islam. It's not like what the mainstream press says (ROP), but for some reason, no Muslim will answer this short quiz and give me straight non-evasive answers. Can you, or any of your readers? Enjoy: http://durotrigan.blogspot.com/2011/02/quiz-for-muslims.html
Strangely, since I made taking the quiz and providing answers in full a precondition for any Muslim to post comments on this blog, not a word has been left by a Mohammedan. It'll be interesting to see for how long this silence is maintained. Having left my comment, will I get answers or a torrent of abuse? Any guesses? I’ll report back to you.

2 comments:

  1. Distasteful? Gee, thanks. I just answered your quiz by the way. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Durotrigan, I noticed a muslimah answered your quiz. Be careful, very careful for did not Muhammad the Muslim prophet say that women are deficient in mind and prayers. Here is the hadith.

    Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301

    Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) on 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone MORE DEFICIENT IN INTELLIGENCE and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."

    ReplyDelete

Comments that call for or threaten violence will not be published. Anyone is entitled to criticise the arguments presented here, or to highlight what they believe to be factual error(s); ad hominem attacks do not constitute comment or debate. Although at times others' points of view may be exasperating, please attempt to be civil in your responses. If you wish to communicate with me confidentially, please preface your comment with "Not for publication". This is why all comments are moderated.